Lodging a complaint

When you lodge a complaint with us the information you provide in the Registration of Complaint form should outline what has happened, what in particular you are complaining about, why you think that the decision operated unfairly or unreasonably in relation to you in the circumstances. This should include the consequence or outcome of the decision in its practical operation, any loss or detriment arising and what outcome you are seeking to resolve your complaint.

If you need assistance:

  • The Tribunal will assist you if you need help to put your complaint in writing.
  • The Tribunal may be able to assist you with an interpreter service if your first language is not English.
  • You may wish to seek assistance from a person such as a family member, union official, friend, adviser or solicitor. However, you are responsible for any costs in doing so.

Generally, complaints can be categorised into three types of complaints: 'Death benefit' complaints, 'disability benefit' complaints and 'all other' complaints.

Please click on the link below to learn more about each complaint type and to access the Registration of Complaint form.