Complaints to the Tribunal must be made on or before 31 October 2018. Complaints made on or after 1 November 2018 must be made to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA is the new external dispute resolution scheme for financial services complaints, and it will start accepting complaints on 1 November 2018. You can learn more about AFCA at www.afca.org.au.
Online complaint process
- Click on the ‘Start your Online Complaint Form’ link
- Questions 1 and 2 are intended to ensure that the Tribunal is able to deal with your complaint. [Before lodging a complaint with the Tribunal, you must first complain to your superannuation fund and give them the chance to respond.]
- If you answered yes to questions 1 and 2, you will be asked what type of complaint you need to make: death, disability or other.
- After reading the Tribunal's Personal Information Collection Notice, select 'Commence Registration' to enter the relevant information.
- After completing the information select 'Submit Form'; you will then have two options;
1. Finalise your complaint by selecting the 'Submit Complaint Form'; or
2. Upload documents to support your Complaint by selecting 'Continue to Document Upload'
- Allowed extensions: JPEG/JPG, GIF, PNG, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PDF
- Max number of files: 10
- Max file size limit: 5MB per file
Once all documents have been uploaded select 'Submit Complaint Form'
Note: You can also supply further supporting documents to the Tribunal by email or mail.
- On successful submission of the complaint form a confirmation email will be sent to you.